You know how people say, ‘everything happens for a reason?’ I don’t believe that. I believe that bad things happen, and smart people can find a way to make something good come of it.
- Mr. Carstenn (via sawuh)
Head 6, 2007
[Edited: Make sure to read the full terms and agreements, and like most online course sites, do not expect this to act as a replacement for a real-life class unless any specific course you sign up for states it offers transferrable credits. Make sure you know most online-courses will not be recognized as a replacement for any part of any curriculum by credited educational institutions.]
Through Academic Earth, you can take courses in all of the fields below:
- Computer Science
- Social Sciences
- Art & Design
- Test Preparation
- Berklee College of Music
- Carnegie Mellon
- Case Western Reserve
- Dalarna University
- Dartmouth College
- George Washington University
- Gresham College
- IIT Delhi
- IIT Kanpur
- IIT Kharagpur
- IIT Madras
- Lund University
- Mises Institute
- New School
- Notre Dame
- The City University of New York
- UC Berkeley
- UC Irvine
- University of California San Francisco
- University of Chicago
- University of Houston
- University of London
- University of New South Wales
- University of North Carolina
- University of Western Sydney
- Wesleyan University
- Art & Art History
- Classics & Classical World
- Political Science, International Relations, and Law
- Urban Studies
- Computer Science & Artificial Intelligence
- Engineering [Mechanical, Civil, and Electrical]
- Environment & Natural Resources
- Psychology & Cognitive Sciences
- Public Health
- BusinessEnjoy the over-abundance of free educational resources, and never stop exploring and expanding! And if anyone knows of any other great self-education resources, let me know!
I am never far; my thoughts always circle around you.
Wispy Irregular Galaxy
Image Credit: ESA/Hubble & NASA Acknowledgement: Luca Limatola [high-resolution]
No, our science is not an illusion. What would be an illusion would be to think we might obtain elsewhere that which science cannot give us.
- Sigmund Freud (via psicologicamenteblog)
The Japanese say you have three faces.
The first face, you show to the world. The second face, you show to your close friends, and your family.
The third face, you never show anyone. It is the truest reflection of who you are.
- (via unkissecl)
this was too cool not to reblog
I JUST REALIZED HOW HELPFUL THIS IS FOR WRITING AHHHHHH
Be the flower who even gives its fragrance to the hand that crushes it.
- Imam Ali (via wethinkwedream)
The only thing I know is this: I am full of wounds and still standing on my feet.
- Nikos Kazantzakis (18 February 1883 – 26 October 1957) was a Greek writer and philosopher. (via osteologya)
I read this as a kid and it had a really significant effect on me and and it’s a big influence on my world view and I still think it’s the most beautiful and profound thing anyone’s ever said about beauty